Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Unleashing Vengeance records a Final EP, "Let the Darkness Pass Away"...

I, Zakk Asshole of Unleashing Vengeance spent all of today recording 8 new songs.... These aren't completely new, they are cut songs from the last Unleashing Vengeance cd "The Final Crusade" and remakes of songs from "Cosmos" and "The Wrath of Tah-um" with thrash vocals instead of death/black metal vocals.

The new EP is interesting. it has a mix of blackened thrash, progressive thrash, symphonic metal, raw black metal and symphonic black metal... Each of the 5 cut songs is a different style. None sound similar.  Track 1 is blackened thrash. Track 2 is symphonic metal, track 3 is progressive thrash, track 4 is raw black metal, track 5 is symphonic black metal with thrashy riffs like Rancid Abomination or something like that. That makes this the most varied unleashing vengeace cd ever.

The cd was mixed today and I had a hard time mixing it again. I finally got it right 2 tries in and had to remaster the previous cd to fix that as well...  It took a while to do this because I was working on filming a documentary about the making of this cd, similar to the one I filmed for the last cd..


Anyway, this is our last original cd... Don't plan to do anymore. The stress of having to mix stuff is pissing me off that I need to stop doing it now. I had to remix each of the 4 cd's we did this year 2+ times, sometimes 3X times as well.. It's a bitch... So I am quitting. No more Unleashing Vengeance. Won't have time to do anymore anyway due to something else in my life anyway... (A job I may be getting soon).


Here is the documentary for this cd...

here is the link to the cd.

Here is a documentary for the making of the last cd...

Here is the video for the title track of the current cd...

RIP Unleashing Vengeance 2002-2018....